The Annual ISAM Conference will be virtual between November 19 and November 21, 2021. This global event is dedicated to providing world-class addiction medicine education and provides an exceptional opportunity to highlight new research, innovative practices, sociopolitical ideas and new approaches to treatment.
The International Society of Addiction Medicine, ISAM, is an international fellowship of physicians founded in 1998 and committed to the advancement of knowledge about Addicton Medicine through the:
- Recognition of physicians worldwide who have a major role to play in its management
- Enhancement of the credibility of the physician’s role
- Emphasis of the importance of educational activities
- Provision of a membership-based forum for physicians worldwide
- Biannual email Newsletters, informing members of ISAM activities and meetings
- ISAM Committees and position papers on select topics relevant to practice methods
- International Certification Exam in Addiction Medicine
- Textbook of Addiction Treatment: International Perspectives
- ISAM Fundamental Modules held annually
- Regularly offered webinars
Due to the continuing travel restrictions imposed by COVID 19 the ISAM 2021 Annual Meeting will be a virtual event.
The current plans are to host an educational event that will now be virtual.
We appreciate your interest in ISAM 2021 and hope you will submit an abstract and/or register for the conference once the conference fees have been adjusted for a virtual format. Any updates to our conference plans will be posted on the webpages.