N. el-Guebaly, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada; G. Carrà,
University College London, London, United Kingdom; M. Galanter,
New York University, New York, USA (Eds.)
Order online at springer.com / or for the Americas call (toll free) 1-800-SPRINGER /
or email us at: email@example.com. / For outside the Americas call +49 (0) 6221-345-4301 / or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Available Formats: Print (Book)
|Print + eReference
25% Discount for ISAM Members
Customers must link here
and enter the Coupon 2wKXnksJ6YQndAd.
The discounts are not shown on the product page but will be visible in the shopping cart when the coupon code is entered.
20% discount for ISAM affiliate societies members
Customers must link here
and enter the Coupon mF7nQEeaYYrMHxP
Again, the discounts are not shown on the product page but will be visible in the shopping cart.
About This book:
Addiction is increasingly being recognized as a major global public health issue, and an evergrowing number of medical specialties, psychological and social science training programs, and professional associations are including addiction as part of their training and continuing education curricula. The first edition of this book presented an overview of the spectrum of addiction-related problems across different cultures around the globe. Sharing the experience and wisdom of more than 260 leading experts in the field, and promoted by the International Society of Addiction Medicine, it compared and contrasted clinical practices in the field of addiction medicine on the basis of neurobiological similarities as well as epidemiological and socio-cultural differences. Building on the success of this inaugural edition, and taking into account the formal and informal comments received as well as an assessment of current need,
- An international perspective with broad authorship for an increasingly recognized major public health issue
- A reference text for the medical specialties as well as psychology, nursing, and social sciences worldwide
- A compendium of the core knowledge required from a standard practitioner in Addiction Medicine worldwide
- A reference book for the ISAM certification
this textbook presents general updated information while retaining the most requested sections of the first edition as demonstrated by the number of chapter downloads. It also provides a basic text for those preparing for the ISAM annual certification exam. Written by some 260 international experts, it is a valuable reference resource for anyone interested in medicine, psychology, nursing, and social science.
Contents: 10 Sections & Section Editors listed below
- Basic Sciences and Clinical Foundations – Heinz, A. (Germany); el-Guebaly, N. (Canada)
- Drugs of Abuse and Pharmacotherapies for Substance Disorders – Khalsa, J. (U.S.); Bough, Kristopher (NIDA)
- Behavioural Approaches – Rawson, R. (U.S.); Galanter, M. (U.S.)
- Main Systems Components in Addictions Treatment – Uchtenhagen, A. (Switzerland); Giuseppe, C. (Italy)
- Policies and Training in Addiction – Baldacchino, A. (UK); Broers, B. (Switzerland)
- Behavioural Addictions and Management Implications – el-Guebaly, N. (Canada); Bowden-Jones, H. (UK)
- Comorbid Medical Disorders & Responses – Baldacchino, A. (UK); Haber, P. (Australia)
- Psychiatric Comorbidities and Complications of Alcohol & Other Drugs – Brady, K. (U.S.); Carrá, G. (Italy)
- Special Interest Populations – Carrá, G. (Italy); el-Guebaly, N. (Canada)
- Children, Adolescents and Young Adults – Milin, R. (Canada); Kevin Gray (U.S.)